Sunday, December 4, 2011

C4T #4

Open Thoughts




On October 29, 2011 Scott Kemp posted to his blog of unfinished thoughts  a quote, "The more you talk about what you believe, the more everyone will know what you believe."  He followed up this quote  by saying  in order for educators become better, we have to be willing to step outside of our comfort zones.  I commented that not only expressing our beliefs influences others to think the same way, but also gains a certain amount of respect for ourselves by holding true to those beliefs and not fear being ridiculed.  I also stated my belief that society cannot progress if we all hold our beliefs to ourselves.   Another very interesting post Mr. Kemp posted was a link on November, 14 2011 to an article from the Harvard Education Letter containing a unique way of reflection.  Instead of only looking back on what was succeeded or not, this article emphasizes to reflect on how your opinions have changed as a result of a particular experience. For example, the author of this article uses the template "I used to think.......and now I think.....".  I am very excited to use this format in my own reflection of EDM 310 because my opinions and view points have changed in ways I never thought they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment